Enhanced Studio Safety Policy
Updated: April 15, 2021
Because your health and safety is our top priority, we have created an extensive set of policies and procedures that, we believe, will keep you as safe as possible in our space. These follow the latest state and federal recommendations and include, but are not limited to, the following. Please read carefully and let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
- All instructors will complete self-screenings before coming to the studio, wash or sanitize their hands upon arrival, and wear masks at all times while in the building.
- Studio door are open before and after class to minimize contact with common surfaces.
- Commonly-touched hard surfaces are disinfected after each class.
- A medical grade air purifier runs before and after each class.
- Windows are open when the weather permits it, in order to increase air circulation.
- Classes are scheduled at least 30 minutes apart to minimize foot traffic and allow for adequate ventilation.
- Students are required to wash or sanitize their hands thoroughly before class. The restrooms are located straight down the hallway and to the right from our studio. Please also practice the basic protective measures against COVID-19, as noted on the World Health Organization website.
- As per state guidelines, aerial silks and yoga mats are spaced at least 6 feet apart, and class capacity is set at 13 students.
- Since each aerial silk must be washed between users, students are required to rent or purchase a silk for their personal use. Aerial silks for exclusive use are available to rent on a one-time or a monthly basis. Silks are available for purchase here.
- Students must pre-register for class.
- Teachers will hang aerial yoga silks prior to each class based on roster.
- Students must wait outside or in their cars until 10 minutes prior to their class.
- Students can enter the studio one at a time. Staff will give students permission to enter space and go to their designated silks.
- There will be no physical sign-in sheet. A volunteer or the instructor will check everyone in on the Mindbody app.
- Hands-on assists will be kept to a minimum, unless safety requires it. Instructors will sanitize their hands during class, immediately prior to teaching any poses that typically require hands-on assistance.
- We are eliminating the free use of studio props, including yoga mats, blocks, straps and blankets. You will have the option to purchase props for your exclusive use (highly recommended!), or pay a per-class rental fee, which will go towards disinfecting them after each use. Students can leave their used rental mats in place for the teacher to sanitize after class. All other rented props will be place in the laundry hamper marked “Used” after class.
- If you are sick with any type or severity of symptom, please do not come in for class. The late cancellation window is 12 hours, so please call or email the studio if you are unable to make your reservation. If a student begins exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 during class, the teacher has the right to ask that person to leave the studio. You can read more about COVID-19 symptoms at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.htmland https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus.
- If we are notified of a positive case at the studio, we will notify the Hudson Board of Health and assist the BOH as reasonably requested to advise likely contacts to isolate and self-quarantine. Testing of other staff may be recommended consistent with CDC or DPH guidance and / or at the request of the Board of Health.
- We will continue to update this policy as needed, and will send such updates to all our clients via email. We will also continue to update this website accordingly, so please feel free to check it often.
How can you do your part?
- Use the bathroom at home to minimize the need for public restrooms.
- Wear face covering the entire time you are in our space. Masks are required for entry into the building as well as during class.
- Wash or sanitize hands upon arrival.
- Maintain 6 foot distance between each other before, during and after class.
- Minimize items you bring into the studio, leave as much as you can in your car.
- Bring a clean yoga mat and any props you need for practice with you.
- If you are not feeling well, or you have been around anyone infected or anyone that has been quarantined, please cancel your class reservation with as much notice as possible.