Practicing aerial yoga is one thing. Teaching it is quite another. Our aerial yoga teacher training program focuses on the finest of details in order to equip new teachers with the skills required to lead a safe class. Check out the details below for our upcoming trainings.
AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING: MODULE 1
January 9-24, 2021
Saturdays & Sundays @ 2:00-7:30 PM
IS THE EARTH & AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING FOR ME?
Are you a yoga or fitness instructor looking to add a more unique skillset to your repertoire? Or are you an aerial yoga student seeking to deepen your practice and expand your knowledge of the craft? The Earth & Aerial Yoga Teacher Training is for you!
WHAT IS THE EARTH & AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING?
Led by our very own aerial yoga expert trainer, Katharine Scalora, this comprehensive teacher training program will provide you with all the tools you need to be able to lead aerial yoga classes and share the amazing benefits of this unique practice with others. More than just a physical workout or an acrobatic performance, the Earth & Aerial Yoga practice is grounded in yoga philosophy and principles, which encourage students to find a balance between effort and ease. Through our aerial yoga teacher training, you will learn how to cultivate and impart both strength and mindfulness to your students, while helping them explore their limits and discover abilities they never knew they had.
WHAT WILL I LEARN IN THE EARTH & AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING?
- The foundations required to sequence and instruct an aerial yoga class, using the silk as a prop
- The various benefits and contraindications for aerial yoga practice
- How to teach full one-hour beginner-level and restorative aerial yoga classes
- How to cue up to 125 aerial yoga poses and transitions safely
- How to modify aerial yoga poses for students of varying levels
- How to identify and adjust common aerial yoga pose misalignments to ensure students’ safety
- How to create aerial yoga sequences, including poses and transitions, that flow seamlessly
- How to lead a centering at beginning of class and savasana at the end
- How to properly rig and maintain aerial yoga equipment
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE EARTH & AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING?
- 30 Contact Hours (can be counted towards your Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Requirements)
- A comprehensive training manual, which includes photographs and descriptions of over 125 aerial yoga poses and transitions, as well as sample aerial yoga class sequences
- Practice teaching aerial yoga with real students in a real class environment
WHERE CAN I PRACTICE MY NEW SKILLS AFTER THE EARTH & AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING?
Upon completion of the Earth & Aerial Yoga teacher training Module 1, you may be offered the opportunity to teach Community Aerial Yoga Classes in our studio. Once you have gained enough teaching experience, and you and your trainer have deemed you are ready, you may be offered a paid teaching position at Earth & Aerial Yoga.
HOW MUCH DOES THE EARTH & AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING COST?
$950 (includes 30 contact hours and the training manual)
Early Bird: $900, if paid in full by Dec 9, 2020. Use promo code: PAYINFULL at checkout.
Payment plan is available. Email email@example.com for more info.
NOTE: Nonrefundable deposit of $200 due at time of registration to secure your spot. Session fees are nonrefundable once training begins (January 9, 2021). This is an in-person training. All safety procedures and recommendations will be followed, including the use of masks and social distancing. Students must complete all Module 1 contact hours, in order to be eligible for an Earth & Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Module 1 completion certificate. Any missed contact hours can be made up by appointment at an additional rate.
AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING: MODULE 2
WHAT IS THE EARTH & AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING MODULE 2?
Module 2 of our aerial yoga teacher training will build on and reinforce everything you have already learned in Module 1. Module 2 is open to Module 1 graduates and also students who have taken a previous aerial yoga teacher training program elsewhere. It will give you the opportunity to expand your aerial yoga repertoire by learning to practice and teach more than 45 intermediate and advanced aerial yoga poses and transitions. You will also hone your sequencing skills by incorporating these poses in an all-levels, an intermediate or a themed aerial yoga class.
WHAT WILL I LEARN IN THE EARTH & AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING MODULE 2?
- How to teach intermediate and advanced aerial yoga poses, with variations and modifications
- How to sequence an all-levels aerial yoga class, using a theme to build up to two peak poses
- How to safely assist and adjust for intermediate poses
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE EARTH & AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING MODULE 2?
- 21 Contact Hours (can be counted towards your Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Requirements)
- A comprehensive training manual, which includes photographs and descriptions of over 45 intermediate and advanced aerial yoga poses and transitions
- Practice teaching a variety of aerial yoga class styles with real students in a real class environment
HOW MUCH DOES THE EARTH & AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING MODULE 2 COST?
$650 (includes 21 contact hours and the training manual)
Early Bird: $600
NOTE: Students must complete all Module 2 contact hours in order to be eligible for an Earth & Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Module 2 completion certificate. Any missed contact hours can be made up by appointment at an additional rate.
“Clear, well organized content and manual. Lots of opportunity to practice in real-life situations. Small group size, allowing for individual attention and productive discussions. Excellent, knowledgeable, humble, and patient teacher.”
“Excellent manual, and great balance between teaching and practicing towards learning the material both mentally and physically.”
“I loved how organized the overall lesson plan was. The text book was also beyond helpful and allowed me to apply my muscle memory in conjunction with the technicalities that create each pose/ transition, etc.”
“Katharine is very knowledgeable, thorough, and well prepared. I liked that we taught what we learned most classes. I think this helped to quickly improve our skills by pushing us out of our comfort zone right from the beginning.”